ICM Benevolent Fund
The ICM Benevolent Fund was established in 1994 to assist members or former members of the Institute, or their dependents, who are in conditions of need, hardship or distress. The Fund has been used to assist members of the Institute in various ways. It has:
- financed the purchase of a mobility scooter for a disabled member
- helped finance the studies of the daughter of a member who became unexpectedly ill
- financed the purchase of computer equipment to assist an unemployed member set up a business
- contributed towards the purchase of an orthopedic bed for one member whose condition was thereby greatly eased
- helped with payment for a drug, not available on the NHS, for medical treatment of another member.
Any member, or former member, finding themselves in difficult circumstances and requiring financial assistance, should contact The Water Mill.
An application form will be provided and this should be accompanied by a covering letter which sets out the purpose for which the grant is requested, outlines the general background reasons for submitting the request, and provides details of the applicant’s current financial circumstances. The application goes before the ICM Benevolent Fund committee for consideration, a decision is reached and communicated as quickly as possible to the applicant.
Members can contribute to the Benevolent Fund by way of donation – by completing the appropriate section of their annual subscription renewal form when renewing, or at any time by sending a cheque made payable to ICM Benevolent Fund and sent to The Secretary, ICM Benevolent Fund, The Water Mill, Station Road, South Luffenham, Oakham, Leicestershire LE15 8NB.