Mission, vision and values
The Institute of Credit Management (ICM) is Europe’s largest credit management organisation, and the second largest globally. The trusted leader in expertise for all credit matters, it represents the profession across trade, consumer and export credit, and all credit-related services.
Formed over 70 years ago, it is the only such organisation accredited by Ofqual and it offers a comprehensive range of services and bespoke solutions for the credit professional as well as services and advice for the wider business community, including the acclaimed ICM/BIS Managing Cashflow guides.
The ICM’s Mission
The Institute of Credit Management (ICM) promotes excellence in credit management and raises awareness of its vital role in business and the community.
The ICM’s Vision
To empower the credit profession by:
- being the centre of expertise for credit management.
- gaining universal recognition that sound credit management keeps business in business.
- maintaining relevant and up-to-date qualifications and occupational standards.
- being recognised and respected as its voice.
- supporting the career development of all people who work in credit management.
- improving skills and standards through a growing membership.
- continuously improving our products and services and being the first-choice provider.
- promoting credit management through local, national and international networks.
The ICM’s Values
The ICM is:
Listening by being participative/collaborative, having Member and customer focus and enjoying what we do.
Effective by maximising opportunities, using resources to best effect and working as an integrated team.
Professional by taking ownership, delivering on promises and displaying honesty and integrity.
Progressive by challenging the status quo and seeking continual improvement and innovation.
People supporting, recognising and rewarding the contribution made by others, and being considerate.